Login
FacebookTwitter

Active Travel Route

Background

With a busy main road running through Culbokie, CCT is keen to respond to community concerns about travel safety issues.  We want to make it easier, safer and more attractive for everyone to get about the village, enjoy the local facilities and to access public transport, on foot or by bicycle.

We were delighted to be awarded funding from Sustrans in 2019 to undertake a feasibility study and develop designs for an active travel route running through the village and out to the A9 where more frequent buses are available.

 

Designs

A firm of engineering consultants, Pell Frischmann, was appointed to undertake the feasibility and design work. This is a highly consultative process involving several stages to reach a design that addresses community concerns and physical constraints. The most recent round of community consultation, in September 2020, showed wide support from local residents, and we have also received support from Highland Council. The consultants are currently working on more detailed engineering drawings for the route, and we're also looking at ways we can add features to make the journey through the village more enjoyable.

Funding and Phasing

So long as we can develop a good workable design, Sustrans will fund 70% of the construction cost of the route – but that still leaves us 30% to find from other sources. To increase our chances of finding match funding we have decided to divide the project into two ‘bite-sized’ chunks. In phase 1 we will focus on the section within the village - but we have initial designs for both phases, so we will have a sound basis for coming back to the second phase, from Culbokie to Duncanston, at a later stage.

Next stages

We aim to have more details available for a further round of consultation in spring/ early summer 2021. After that we will fix the designs and produce detailed drawings for construction purposes.

site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement