Churches & Religion
Our researches so far have not established that there were any other religious centres for the Culbokie community to attend closer than the church at Ferintosh.
Urquhart Church is currently being converted into a private house, but the remains of the previous church and the old cemetery are well worth a visit. The original bell can be seen in the Culbokie Church Centre. See also below.
- Urquhart Church History - Dr Young
- Urquhart Church Flower Festival - 2000
- "Urquhart - ivy-clad kirk by the Firth" - a description of the original Urquhart Church on the Ross and Cromarty Heritage web site.
- Poor relief in the parish.
- Modern history in the making.
- Culbokie Church Centre
This bell is from the Old Urquhart Church which went out of use in 1792. It was kept in the Urquhart Church until 2005. It has been placed here in the Culbokie Church Centre as a reminder of our previous churches.