Findon Quarry and Pier Summary
To view the full chapter click here.
Records show the existence of the Findon quarry and pier in the 1760s with references to the exporting of stone and the importing of various commodities such as coal and timber. The quarried stone was transported throughout Scotland and a reference exists of samples being sent to London in 1853.
They were part of a number of such arrangements around the shores of the Cromarty and Beauly Firths.
There is little evidence today of the pier and jetty which were absorbed into the construction of the A9 Cromarty Bridge causeway. The flooded quarry has been hidden by the sewerage treatment works and a belt of trees.